1 Understand the key contemporary business issues and main external factors affecting different organizations and the impact on HR.
1.1 Assess a range of different factors which impact on an organizations business and its HR function.
2 Understand how organizational and HR strategies and practices are shaped and developed.
2.1 Analyze the forces shaping the HR agenda.
2.2 Compare different tools for analyzing the business environment.
2.3 Explain the key stages in strategy formulation and implementation and the role of HR.
2.4 Examine HR’s contribution to business ethics and accountability.
3 Know how to identify and respond to changes in the business environment.
3.1 Evaluate business performance and the role of HR in business planning and the change management agenda.
3.2 Assess and utilize different sources of business and contextual data for planning purposes. AVADO Learning Limited. Registered in England with number 06177616. Registered office: Landmark House, Hammer smith Bridge Road, London, W6 9EJ. VAT Registration number: 918560018. Authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Interim Permission Number 611566
You have been asked by the CEO to compile a report on ‘The developing role of HR within present day business’. Your report should include;
• An analysis of internal forces which can shape the HR agenda, you could include for example; structure/model of the HR function, HR strategies, strategic objectives and stakeholder expectations.
• An assessment and summary of a range of different external factors impacting on an organizations performance and explain how they affect the HR function.
• A table comparing two different environmental analytical tools e.g. SWOT, PESTLE, Porter’s 5 Force’s, etc.
• A summary of the key stages of strategy formulation and implementation. You should refer to the role of HR in each of the stages summarized. You should also highlight HR’s role in; i) Business Ethics and ii) Accountability. You should reference all key models and literature used.
• A table or chart illustrating a range of ways business performance is measured in the organization for different purposes. You should also highlight with examples, the role of HR in; i) Business Planning and ii) Change Management.
• An assessment of how different sources of business/internal and contextual/external data should be considered and used when planning e.g. internal information within the organization including HR metrics, industry information e.g. trends in HR, competitive information, government information.
Evidence to be produced: A report equating to 4000 words in total. Remember to relate academic concepts, theories and professional practice to the way organizations operate, in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other publications and by using organizational examples for illustration. All reference sources should be acknowledged using Harvard-style referencing, and a bibliography provided where appropriate (these should be excluded from the word count).