Instructions – Early Childhood Activity
Length of project – 5 pages
References – at least 2 per page (min 8 references), formatted according to APA guidelines
- Four sections by age group (one page each) —infant, toddler, preschool, and primary. Address the following having one page for each group:
- Create a comprehensive list of the typical language and literacy milestones that occur in each age group. Be sure to include language, reading, and writing as appropriate.
- Include one developmentally appropriate language and literacy lesson plan for each age group. Lesson plans must include:
- Lesson objectives
- Grade level
- Lesson steps
- An activity with a parent or caregiver at-home extension
- Assessment tool
- Modifications/differentiation strategies for English language learners
- Include a rubric for the primary age lesson plan.
Write a one-page introduction to the assignment that answers the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this booklet?
- How can this booklet be used at home?
- How might it support the various learning levels within a classroom?
- How students, parents, and teachers will benefit from this information?
Description of assignment:
Page 1 – Infant age group page
Page 2 – Toddler age group page
Page 3 Preschool age group page
Page 4 – Primary age group page
Page 5 – Introduction page including the answers to the questions above