South African Construction Industry Chosen.
Question: Successful Supply Chain Management is a vital component when measuring both internal and external success of a business. Achieving and sustaining customer, tiered supplier and company requirements is an essential ingredient for both success and survival in the competitive global market of the twenty first century.
Based on the above statement, you are asked to choose a sector/industry (e.g., food, technology, healthcare, retail, services, automotive), and critically discuss:
i. Critically evaluate the positive and negative attributes associated with the field in relation to the chosen case.
ii. Explore and critically analyze the gap between evaluation and implementation of supply chain improvement.
iii. Analyze multidimensional global supply chain issues and apply techniques that could assist in either resolving or significantly reducing problematic supply chain issues within your chosen sector/industry.
For each question above, you should support your arguments by bringing into the discussion 1-2 examples of companies that belong to the selected sector/industry.
This assignment represents 50% of your overall module mark. The maximum word count is 3000 words (+/- 10%). You will also need to consider the following when completing your assignment:
• Quality of executive summary (does it give a brief complete summary of your paper for an executive to read?)
• Establishment of relevant theory (e.g. how supply chain environments are differentiated from region to region?)
• Allocation of credit and sources used (have I included references and citations to the material I have used?)
• Clarity of argument
• Overall report presentation including spelling and grammar
• Adherence to nominated word limit (+/- 10%)
• Word processed (letter size 12, times new roman, 1.5 space)
• Fully referenced (Harvard Referencing System).
Use of theory/reference to course ideas 30
Quality of argument 15
Citation and References 15
The assignment must be submitted via Online Campus. Please remember that marks for assignment will also be awarded in relation to presentation and structure, and aspects such as use of examples, figures, tables, illustrations and statistics that indicate wider/independent reading.
Relates to Learning Outcomes:
•Analyze and critically evaluate the ways in which supply chains are adapted in view of specific market dynamics and environments.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of global lead-time management and time-compression.
• Critically analyze the theory, concepts and models of global supply chain management to interpret and understand complex and ambiguous risks in global logistics and supply chain environments.
• Locate, summarize and synthesize a range of information from published literature and electronic sources on GSCM.