You are required to write an essay which demonstrates your understanding of political representation in the UK.
You must ensure that your essay includes the following:
• Define what is meant by ‘Cabinet Government’ giving examples of when this type of Government has been used in the UK.
• Analyse the extent to which the UK has moved to a system of ‘Prime Ministerial Government’ giving examples to support your views.
• Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of Ministers with particular reference to the Nolan Principles. Provide examples to show when Ministers have carried out their roles and responsibilities successfully, or otherwise, to add depth to your evaluation.
• Analyse the role of Civil Servants and their channels of influence.
• Discuss how the position of the Civil Service has changed over the past 20 years and the success, or otherwise, of the Civil Service Reform Plan.