A comprehensive summary of a topic with links to relevant sources of information, links to research, relevant subtopics, future considerations and graphics.
A piece of international legislation relating to the environment that is implemented in Ireland, preferably EU but potentially the UN or WHO also.
Legislation chosen: Seveso-III (Directive 2012/18/EU)
The following should be completed regarding Seveso-III (Directive 2012/18/EU) in Ireland (The Chemicals Act (Control of Major Accident Hazards involving Dangerous Substances) Regulations 2015 (S.I. No. 209 of 2015 ) (the “COMAH Regulations”), implement the Seveso III Directive (2012/18/EU)):
– Describe its regulatory framework;
– Outline the nature of the law (Common and Statute law, and civil and criminal law);
– Describe the scientific evidence justifying this law;
– Describe how organisations comply with this piece of environmental legislation;
– Outline the civil and criminal penalties for non-compliance (if such exist) with this piece of environmental legislation; and
– Explain how and who is responsible for its regulation at a national level (in Ireland).
– provide a comprehensive range of appropriate references with working web links for each source of information provided.
– Harvard citation and bibliography structure.