(1) The reason for writing an essay is to better understand a point you are interested in, solving a problem, answering a question that puzzles you, etc. Show how solving this problem is interesting, how it matters.
(2) In this second writing exercise continue practicing the distinction between (1) analyzing a source and (2) commenting on / criticizing it. Also continue basing your analysis on textual evidence, and structure your essays through paragraphs.
(3) Employ citations appropriately. All sources absolutely must be cited! In this essay, we will use Chicago reference style. Your essay will have a Works Cited Page. https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html
(4) Make sure to use the assigned secondary literature (Susanne Langer).
(5) Your essay must have a thesis that you lay out in your opening paragraph, and for which you argue throughout your essay.