Week 08 Assignment – Briefing Paper/Letter to the Editor.
Click the link above (Week 08 Assignment – Summary Paper) to access the assignment manager.
Week 08 is your opportunity to submit / share your vision of improved health care delivery through a one page Policy Briefing Paper or Letter to the Editor. Potential submission sites would be professional nursing organizations, local media, newspapers, magazines, periodicals, Web sites, Social Media sites, such as, ANA Facebook, your local or national representatives, a policy committee in your work setting, As you have learned throughout NU501, the profession of nursing has much opportunity and power to influence decision makers for health care reform. It is the credibility of the profession of nursing and the in-depth knowledge of the human condition with the accompanying skills and humane attitude, that give the profession the necessary leadership voice in health care policy and the ethics of health care reform.
Outline for a Briefing Paper;
• What are you writing about. What is the problem/issue policy that you want to address – specific information with data, evidence, research specific to your current legislative/health policy issue.
• Who you are and Why you are qualified to write about it, for example, nurse in an inner city health clinic, nurse in an emergency room, nurse in [name your setting or experience background; professional nurse with case studies.
• What you are proposing for a policy approach/solution, What you want your representative to do, for example support or oppose your selected legislation.
• What you are offering to do to help, for example, supply your expertise to your representatives’ home office, offer to campaign for representative, contribute to professional organization, sensitize your work place.
• When you will follow-up for a response and further action.
What you are offering to do to help, for example, supply your expertise to your representatives’ home office, offer to campaign for representative, contribute to professional organization, sensitize your work place.
When you will follow-up for a response and further action.
The Briefing Paper/Letter to the Editor should be 750-1,000 words (1-1 ½ pages), and should include references in appropriate APA format.
FYI: My selected Bill is S. 2943 Quality care for Nursing home residents Act of 2019. Revising minimum nursing staffing requirement for Medicare and Medicaid program.