Before beginning this assignment, review FAR Subpart 19.5—Set-Asides for Small Business.
Additional factors to consider are as follows:
1. Both your company and your competitor’s company will qualify under the HUBZone Act (FAR 19.5).
2. Based upon the scope of work required, your initial estimates for the contract will exceed $150,000. Therefore, you are willing to offer incentives to the Navy.
3. Your competitor intends to submit a proposal for a 1 year contract.
Write a 5-6 page paper in which you:
1. Examine two (2) reasons why your business would qualify under the basic concepts of the HUBZone Set-Aside Procedures. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Analyze the primary way(s) in which a multiyear contract would benefit both the Navy and your business.
3. Determine whether your bid proposal should be based on a fixed-price, a cost-reimbursement, or a time-and-materials type of contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Determine the category of incentives that you are willing to offer (i.e., cost, schedule, or performance). Provide a rationale for your response.
5.Determine whether your bid proposal should be a technical, management, or cost proposal. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Speculate on five potential risk factors that you will need to consider if your company is awarded the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
Use 3 quality sources no older than 10 years
Use the below writing standards:
Use the point of view (first or third person) required by the assignment guidelines.
Use in-text citations
Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides;
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Break your paper into sections with titles and subtitles representative of the rubric questions and fully answer the questions.