What does your case example demonstrate about the relationship between the advertising industry and the television industry?
Case Study: Love island product placement and ads.
Interactive form of advertising and product placement you see people talking and walking around the villa with the products.
People get subconsciously advertised to the products.
They don’t have to market the products they just have to show famous people with the products.
After each point about the relationship between advertiser and tv industry you have to link with the case study which is love island.
– CONSIDER THE BENEFITS OF ADVERTISING AND LINK IT TO ADS IN LOVE ISLAND
– TALK ABOUT THE NEGATIVES OF ADVERTISING
DON’T GO TO DEEP ON PROS AND CONS
-WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE ADVETISER AND TV SHOW PRODUCER
-WHO HAS THE POWER AND WHO GAVES THE MONEY
(THE TV PRODUCER GAVES THE MONEY SO HE HAS THE POWER)
WHAT ARE THE INFLUENCES ON ADVERTISERS, AUDIENCE, TV PRODUCER
-THE ESSAY IS NOT ABOUT AUDIENCE PERSPECTIVE DON’T FOCUS TOO MUCH ON AUDIENCE
-WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ADVERTISING
-WHY TV IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE MEDIUM FOR ADVERTISING
-WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES FOR ADVERTISERS
– The essay should take the form of a case study that enables you to explore, and make an argument about, a particular cultural industry practice or relationship.
• Introduction: what question you’re answering and what case study will you be using to answer it
• Case study description: quick and straightforward, just the facts for clarity
• Case study analysis: What is happening in your case study and what does it demonstrate, how does it for example confirm or clash with ideas from the literture
• Broader context: What great industrial processes, practices or trends does your case study reflect?
USEFUL ACADEMIC RESOURCES:
• Grainge, P., and Johnson, C., 2015. Promotional screen industries. Routledge. (Sayfa 35-50)
• Johnson, C., and Turnock, R., 2005. ITV cultures: Independent television for over fifty years: Independent television for over fifty years. McGraw-Hill Education (U.K.).
• Liaukonyte, J., Teixeira, T., and Wilbur, K.C., 2015. Television advertising and online shopping. Marketing Science, 34(3), pp.311-330.
• McAllister, M.P., and West, E. eds., 2013. The Routledge companion to advertising and promotional culture. Routledge.
• Prathapan, S., Wijewardena, K. and Low, W.Y., 2016. Content analysis of food and beverage advertisements targeting children and adults on television in Sri Lanka. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 28(1_suppl), pp.86S-92S.
• Pratt, A.C., and Gornostaeva, G., 2009. The governance of innovation in the film and television industry: A case study of London, UK. Creativity, innovation, and the cultural economy, pp.119-136.
• Turcotte, S., 1995. Gimme a Bud! The feature film product placement industry — unpublished master’s thesis, the University of Texas at Austin, 230.
• Wasko, Janet. How Hollywood works. Sage, 2003. (Sayfa 159-165) product p.
• Wayne, M.L., 2018. Netflix, Amazon, and branded television content in subscription video-on-demand portals. Media, Culture & Society, 40(5), pp.725-741.
IMPORTANT DO NOT FOCUS ON AUDIENCE PERSPECTIVES AND EFFECTS ON AUDIENCE THIS ESSAY IS ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TV INDUSTRY AND ADVERTISERS.